Macarthur Women’s Coffee Club
A warm, supportive, fun and empowering environment
A vibrant & welcoming place
The Macarthur Women’s Coffee Club is a place for women from different backgrounds to meet in a warm, supportive, fun and empowering environment.
Collaborating with the various services and multicultural groups in the region, this coffee club offers a place that:
- welcomes women who are new to the area to meet others, connect & make friends;
- empowers women from non-English speaking backgrounds to overcome social barriers that prevent them from connecting with the larger community and seeking support;
- offers the necessary support and referrals over various issues;
- provides a platform to share and learn more about different cultures.
- offers a totally inclusive, non- judgemental space.
The Macarthur Women’s Coffee Club has empowered the women to help themselves and to reach out and help others by knitting blankets for the Macarthur Homelessness Steering Committee to distribute, volunteering at 24 Hour Fight Against Cancer Macarthur and Rainbow Crossing Inc. events, and supporting an Afghan author get her book out there, among others.
Attendees are also able to learn some new skills along the way. For example, in the past the women have enjoyed workshops with the SES, Transport NSW, and Health NSW, as well as enjoying Aboriginal rock painting, expressive movement, and clay modelling sessions.
Macarthur Women’s Coffee Club is held every Wednesday morning from 10am to 12.30pm throughout the school term at Oz Funland, Leumeah – a safe and child-friendly space with plenty of free parking, as well as being within walking distance of the train station and bus stop.
2/11 Hollylea Rd, Leumeah NSW 2560. Australia
Phone: (02) 4626 7777