Forging creative community connections that inspire positive social change within the wider community
Our vision is to forge creative community connections through use of all art forms and disciplines, inspiring positive social change within the diverse and vibrant community of Macarthur.
Through our work, we have a profound commitment to:
- creating supportive spaces for performing and creative arts-based dialogue that unites people;
- unlocking the area’s untold stories by enabling art and artists to shape the narratives that define who we are a multicultural society;
- uplifting, inspiring, connecting and empowering individuals to overcome key barriers and build stronger, more inclusive communities.
Photo: Cameron Constance receives the Marsdens Law Group Environmental Award at our Macarthur Young Champions Awards 2019
Rainbow Crossing Incorporated works to overcome barriers in cultural diversity and transform communities through the use of art by:
- encouraging the sharing of stories using all forms of visual, performing and digital art to empower self-change and discovery;
- championing the development of artists and art form practices that speak to who we are as Australians, and providing opportunities to showcase these;
- recognising the work and achievements of young people across all fields, providing not only inspiration, but a brighter future for the individual and their community;
- making the performing arts experience accessible to young people in regional communities and those with special needs through workshops and performances.
Photo: Uncle Ivan Wellington at the Appin Massacre Commemoration from a story in Good Morning Macarthur.
Chairperson: Brian Laul
Photo: Children from diverse backgrounds come together to sing We Are One at the Macarthur Multicultural Children’s Festival 2019
2/11 Hollylea Rd, Leumeah NSW 2560. Australia
Phone: (02) 4626 7777